Thursday, August 6, 2009

My latest angels...

Finally, a moment to work on my very much awaited blog ~ for the longest time, well-meaning friends and wonderful folks who follow my art work have been asking.. "when are you going to start your own blog like the rest of the world?" ... and I thought, it would certainly give my artwork a boost in terms of promotion and exposure, so why not? Well, i'm a mother first and with summer nearing it's end, my sun sets and rises around my girls. But thanks to my ever supportive hubby, who has taken time out of his chaotic schedule to jumpstart this blog...and so here I am today, typing away another entry...WOOHOO!!!


So what's new? At the present time, I have 4 pieces listed on Ebay. Haven't done much artwork lately as I am enjoying what's left of the glorious summer weather and cherishing every moment I have with my kids who will soon be starting school - Greta, my 5 year old, will be starting kindergarten and Mia, my other girlie-girl, will be returning to college as a sophomore.


Here are my latest pieces which are all done in mixed media format combining different weights of acrylics paint, pastels, pencils and inks. The frame support of these paintings were all handmade by me using post-consumer waste: different types of papers and cardboards and even homemade glue (!) - making each piece truly one-of-a-kind and environmentally sound.






Heaven's Door
(sold)


Dimension: 19 x 24


*this piece comes with an accent antique metal keyhole/door hardware that I found at our local country antique flea market...lots of crackle and amazing texture!






Prayer
(sold)


Dimension: 15 x 16


*the way this piece was painted and it's great texture was inspired by the old murals







Vision
(sold)


Dimension: 12 1/2 x 24


*amazing texture and collage work..her face is simply divine!










No comments:

Post a Comment