Tuesday, December 14, 2010

COMING UP ROSES...

As I have previously mentioned, ever since the opening of my Castle Inn art space, some wonderful opportunities have come up and I am very excited to share the news that I have been offered to do a men's line of wearable art!  This really came out of the blue and I have to admit, it presents a little bit of a challenge, but just a teeny bit, since several of my wearable assemblage pieces have been designed in a non-gender-specific fashion and I have always aimed for a universal style when designing jewelry.  But my client, Zen Safari, has its own very unique vision and style and I hope and will strive to achieve, project and translate their very own brand into these new pieces.  Check it out...note that these are work-in-progress...(artwork used in the background was made by yours truly)

PEREGRINE, THE UNBORN CHILD
antique bisque doll part.  segments of antique rosaries.  vintage medallions.



DEVOTIONAL
vintage crucifix


TRANSFIGURATON
vintage crucifixes and chain


ATONEMENT





5 comments:

  1. Joann these are stunning. Congrats on your new endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "Unborn Child" piece is quite powerful. Impressive work, Joann. I love how you are able to marry the old and new, what looks like something that's decaying and turn it into something beautiful and stunning! Congratulations on your new project. You are so talented, I am confident that many more doors will open.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your client must be very pleased with your impressive work, Joann! These pieces are quite stunning and indeed unique. I look forward to seeing all the finished pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerry, thank you so much for your kind words and encouraging comment. "Peregrine" was conceived from a personal experience, so the piece is very close to my heart. I am so happy to hear that it spoke to you. Thank you for your continued support. Your encouragement is a true source of inspiration and motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To blueandpurpletears ~ thank you so much for your wonderful comment. I will be seeing my client over the weekend, so I am crossing my fingers and hoping that he will give these pieces a thumbs up as well :-) I have a gazillion ideas in my head, the exhausting part is going through my trunk of trinkets and pair the right pieces, make sure that the objects I select to work on complement each other. I probably won't be posting pictures of the finished pieces until after the new year. Right now i'm on christmas mode and just wanna chill with the kids and hubby :-) Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete